There was a lot of celebrity/musician and football related DUI news in the past few days, so I will round them up the links here:
- TMZ has a blog post claiming that the officer who arrested Justin Bieber for DUI has credibility questions. Amongst them, TMZ states that GPS from Bieber’s car indicates a maximum speed of 27 mph, which contradicts the officer’s claim of drag racing. The officer also has numerous write-ups for violating police department policy.
- 3 Doors Down bass player Todd Harrell — who was charged last April with vehicular homicide for allegedly driving under the combined influence of prescription medications and hard cider causing the death of another — has been charged with yet another DUI after he was found passed out in a vehicle in an intersection.
- Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch resolved his DUI case by pleading guilty to a reduced charge of reckless driving. He was sentenced to two years probation, with alcohol classes and fines. I blogged about his original arrest here.
- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was arrested for DUI. This is while he is suspended for taking an illegal substance and he was previously suspended for testing positive for marijuana. He is expected to be free agent next month.
- Washington Huskies tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins does not believe that his DUI will cause him to fall in the draft. He was once projected to be a first round draft pick.
- Bree Walker, who was a news anchor in San Diego, Los Angeles and New York was arrested for DUI in Anaheim.